As a manufacturer of electronic security systems do you think that your company’s products and services deserve to be recognised as the best that the sector has to offer? As an installer have you used a piece of kit or supplier that has been mightily impressive? We are now asking for the industry to tell us what the best products are and who gives the best service.
The types of technology we are looking for are products that are different, not “me too” systems and we also want to hear about distributors that go above and beyond box-shifting. The UK security market is brimming with talent so we want to make sure we feature the best new releases of the last year and the suppliers that give the highest levels of support.
The only stipulation is that we ask each company only to nominate once in each category.
The categories are:
- CCTV Product Of The Year
- Intruder Alarm Product Of The Year
- Access Control Product Of The Year
- Technology Innovation Of The Year
- Software/IT Product Of The Year
- Communications Product Of The Year
- Fire Safety Product Of The Year
- Distributor Of The Year
How to nominate
To make sure that your favourite product or supplier is featured in the PSI Premier Awards 2015 you need to tell us why it warrants special attention. You need to tell us what sets your nomination apart from the competition and why it is better than anything else in the field when it comes to security.
For each entry, simply email the following information to us with a subject heading of ‘Awards Nomination’:
- Name of product/company
- Award category
- 100 words (max) on why it should win.
- A suitable photo
Tips for success
The information you send us will be the details we post for readers to vote on the overall winners. Therefore:
- When compiling your 100-word entries avoid unquantifiable terms such as ‘market-leading’, ‘innovative’ and the dubiously popular ‘unique’. When we come to listing the finalists we will remove such terms so don’t use them as your justification for winning.
- Do not just send us bullet points or a product datasheet – tell us why it should win in clear terms.
- When supplying a photo to accompany the text, do not send a company logo – no-one wants to see that, they want to see the product itself.
If you need any help, feel free to contact the editor on 0208 295 8308 or see the February edition of PSI magazine for more information.
Picking the winners
Once we have compiled the list of the finalists in each category we will run all of the details in two editions of PSI magazine and on our website. Readers can then vote online as to who they think is most deserving of the awards. This two-month procedure will be followed by an Awards Dinner held alongside the PSI Golf Day on July 2nd 2015.
But for now, just concentrate on getting those nominations in!
Nominations consisting of 100 words (max) plus a suitable image (see above) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 20th March 2015.