Commercial Design Technician Surrey, London Salary: Competitive plus Company Car, Mobile, Pension, 31 Holidays (including bank holidays)
My client is a manufacturer and installer of automatic, industrial door systems, Loading bay equipment and security/access control solution. Due to continued growth they are looking for a Commercial Design Technician.
Commercially verifying sales orders before passing them to be procured and delivered by the operations team. To be responsible for all technical and commercial aspects of entrance system, design, application and budget cost verification and validation in addition to all follow through in regard to design variations.
- To verify and validate entrance system; design, application, budget cost and delivery against sales order specification, customer requirements, survey and customer drawing information and site constraints i.e. to technically clean, clear and process BS7036 (1996) & EN16005 compliant sales orders to facilitate safe delivery of quality entrance solutions, on‐budget and on‐time
- To verify customer requirements (including size, finish and accurate installation date) against sales order detail and to address any anomalies or necessary variations including design enhancements or corrections.
- To arrange surveys where necessary for short lead time projects and to revise quotes accordingly where necessary post survey.
- To effectively manage customer expectations in regard to product design and variation costs and delivery.
- To manage all internal and external project design and variation communications.
- To ensure correct realization of the contract in terms of customer requirements and confirmed specification.
- To report all potential contract risks as found throughout the sales order verification and validation process.
- To communicate throughout the project team the full requirements and status of the project on a weekly basis.
- To provide support and assistance to the project team on an ad‐hoc basis when necessary to enable projects to be delivered optimally.
- To support requests from sales for pre order sales drawings.
- Technically minded and competent in understanding and accurately interpreting technical information including drawings, schematics and design specifications.
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility, and to make decisions when necessary.
- Excellent at organising, prioritising and planning to facilitate multiple file management and coordination.
- Able to take initiative i.e. proactive, self‐driven and able to standalone.
- Commercial experience.
- Committed and willing to do that bit extra when required.
- Organised, logical, methodical and accurate with a strong attention to detail and time lines.
- Able to maintain accuracy in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Flexible, willing and quick to learn and able to adapt.
- Able to prioritize issues based on business impact.
- Practical problem solver.
- IT literate i.e. PC, iSAC and Configurator.
- Team player.