Schneider Electric has announced new capabilities to its Sarix Enhanced Range with SureVision 2.0. New features in the Enhanced Range include Pelco’s integrated analytics suite and ONVIF profile G compliance.
“Last year we completely revamped our fixed IP camera offering with more than 100 different camera models,” said Herve Fages, senior vice president, Schneider Electric, Pelco Video Line of Business. “We’re adding new features to the Sarix Enhanced Range to meet the needs of our customers by delivering functionalities that will solve monitoring challenges.”
The latest advancements and key benefits include:
- Integrated Analytics Suite: Pelco’s built-in analytics suite uses algorithms to monitor scenes continuously and without the risk associated with human error. Every Sarix Enhanced Range camera with firmware version 2.1 or later comes standard with eight intelligent video analytics. These analytic tools detect any potential threats caught on camera and send an alarm to notify system operators of abnormal activity, enabling a timely and educated incident response.
- Edge Storage: The Sarix Enhanced Range now leverages edge storage to store video, audio, and metadata to an SD card directly in the camera for uninterrupted monitoring if the connection to the VMS is lost. This enables any ONVIF G compliant VMS to retrieve missing video when network connection is restored. Any ONVIF G compliant VMS has standardised access to storage in the camera to complement head end storage.
- Performance IQ: SureVision 2.0 technology delivers low-light capability, true wide dynamic range (WDR), and anti-bloom technology. Even in difficult light situations, SureVision 2.0 technology delivers through 3D noise filtering, smooth response to illumination changes, and improved tone mapping to retain colour accuracy and overall image contrast (see comparison image below).
- Processing Speed: Sarix Enhanced cameras offer up to two full HD full frame rate video (up to 1080p 30 ips) using H.264 compression for optimised bandwidth and storage efficiency and two simultaneous, independently configurable video streams for demanding applications.
- Mission Critical Applications: Operating temperatures for environmental models can range from up to -40⁰ to +50⁰C (-40⁰ to 122⁰F). Dome models include options that are IP66 rated for dust and water protection, plenum rated for in-ceiling applications, and impact rated for up to 50J for vandal protection.