Vanderbilt’s ACT365 solution was implemented late in the construction stage, as initially the client had used a conventional system, before realizing late-on the benefits available from cloud management. Essentially, the client needed unified management of access points and video both locally and remotely. It was for these reasons that Vanderbilt’s ACT365 was ultimately chosen for the task.
- Vanderbilt’s ACT365 allows the operator to activate doors and analyze their status from any major web browser or the ACT365 app.
- Vanderbilt’s ACT365 is allowing Work.Life to make immediate remote adjustments to a user’s details including updating access privileges when a lapsed membership is renewed.
- Crucially, Vanderbilt’s ACT365 cloud-based access control and video management system (VMS) will also generate muster reports during a building evacuation, with marshals being able to see instantly from their phone or smart device if members have mustered out. This function can be used remotely if required.
- The Vanderbilt solution has allowed Vision Security Services to exploit existing MIFARE cards to activate doors from Vanderbilt MIFARE 1040 proximity readers. The readers are designed to enable multiple applications of cards often in office environments.
- Vanderbilt’s ACT365 software operates from a compact unit involving minimal capital cost and is provided to installers by Vanderbilt and its distribution partners on an ‘as-a-service’ model. Clients can focus on their core operations without being distracted by technical concerns such as firewalls, router settings, patches and firmware upgrades.
Vision Security Services operates as an integrator across access control, video surveillance, intruder alarms and barrier systems. The company operates across the south of England and London from a base in Sittingbourne, Kent, and is SSAIB and Constructiononline approved. End-user sectors include education, real estate and general commerce. For more information, visit: www.vision-ss.co.uk.
“There are very few true Cloud-based access control solutions, and the ability of Vanderbilt’s ACT365 ability to synchronize access control events instantly to camera footage from a single platform means no time is wasted searching through video. This aspect may well be unique. Vanderbilt’s ACT365 appeals to our end-users regarding functionality and price point. They also appreciate being able to view sites and even open and lock doors based on what they see on a camera feed, all from a smartphone or web browser.”
- Reg Butler, Director of Vision Security Services.